Contacts are one of the most important data on the phone because if the contacts get deleted, the user won’t be able to make any call and send messages to known persons, friends, or family members. Being an iPhone user, if you are searching for ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, the information provided here will help you.
With the help of the steps provided here, the user can quickly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Since transferring contacts via iCloud/iTunes will erase all existing data on the iPhone. Here we have come up with the simple and straightforward steps on how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
So, all users are suggested to follow the prompts discussed here regarding how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without wiping any data. So, keep reading the information provided here and apply the one that suits you.
Transfer contacts from one iPhone to another with iCloud/iTunes
The user can easily transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone through iCloud syncing, and another way is to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone is with iCloud Backup.
With iCloud Syncing
- Kindly connect both of the iPhones to the Wi-Fi network.
- After this, login to the Apple ID on both iPhones.
- Then go to “settings.”
- After this, click on the “Apple ID’s” profile part.
- Then click on “iCloud,” select “Contacts,” and then click on it to run it.
- After that, select the “Merge” option when it says, “Would you like to do with existing local contacts on the iPhone.”
- Then wait for the contacts on the old iPhone syncing to the new iPhone.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
The users who want to keep all the contacts safe and secure then follow the steps provided below.
- Note: All users are suggested to restore the new iPhone with the old iPhone’s iTunes backup.
- Initially, connect the old iPhone to a system and then open “iTunes.”
- Note: Make sure that iTunes is of the latest version.
- Then click on “info,” and from there, select the “Sync Contacts” option.
- After this, click on “Apply” to sync the iPhone and contacts with the system.
- After the sync procedure gets complete, then unplug the old iPhone and then plug in it.
- In iTunes, choose the new iPhone and then click on the “info” to ensure that the “Sync Contacts” option is checked.
- After that, scroll down to the “Advanced” menu option.
- From there, check the “Contacts” under “Replace information on this iPhone.”
- Finally, click on the “Apply” option to sync contacts to other iPhones.
Transfer contacts using AirDrop
AirDrop is a feature that enables users to share files wirelessly between Mac and iOS devices easily. Therefore, one can also transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via the AirDrop feature.
AirDrop enables the user to share one contact at a time. When the users want to transfer all contacts together, they should do it through method 1.
- First of all, launch the control center by swiping up from the bottom of the iPhone’s screen or swipe down from the screen’s top right corner.
- After this, press and hold the “wireless control” box provided on the control center’s upper left side.
- Then from there, tap the “AirDrop” option.
- After this, click on the “AirDrop” button to reveal the permission, i.e., “contacts only,” “receiving off,” or “Everyone.”
- Now open the contacts app on the source iPhone.
- After that, the users are recommended to find the contact they want to transfer to another iPhone.
- Then click on the “Share contacts” button and then tap on the “AirDrop” option.
- After this, choose the “iPhone” and then hit the accept button to receive the shared contacts.
So this was all about the different methods to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Now it depends on the user by which method they want to accomplish the task. Moreover, these all are the most advised and effective ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.