There are several reasons why the users have to perform the hard reset on their iPhone 8. All iPhone 8 users should hard reset iPhone 8 if there is an issue with the user-interface of the iPhone 8 or gets freeze or the user gets stuck on any application and unable to go back to the home screen.
Apart from this, if any user is willing to sell their iPhone 8, they are all recommended to perform a hard reset to erase all crucial data. Therefore, for all such scenarios, there are various methods through which the user can reset their iPhone 8.
What happens when the user hard reset iPhone 8?
Before we proceed with the steps to perform a hard reset iPhone 8, it is essential to know what exactly happens after doing a hard reset iPhone 8. A hard reset will revert the iPhone 8 to its factory settings and delete the stored data. All third-party applications, user data, and other settings will get erased, and the iPhone 8 will get restored to its factory version. Moreover, the iPhone 8 will act like it’s a brand new phone.
Things to consider before resetting iPhone 8
All users should carefully read the information provided below before resetting iPhone 8.
- Make sure to unpair the iPhone 8 with Apple Watch
- Ensure to back the iPhone 8
- Consider turning off iMessage
- Make sure to turn off Activation Lock
- Carefully sign out from the iCloud account
- Ensure to sign out from the iTunes & App Store
- Restore to factory settings
So, all users must keep the following things in mind before they hard reset iPhone 8.
Methods to Hard Reset iPhone 8
The procedure to hard reset the iPhone varies from model to model. So, for all users, we have here disclosed the methods through which the user can easily Hard reset iPhone 8. Therefore, when the iPhone 8 becomes frozen or does not respond appropriately or when the user is suffering from any glitches, they should all perform a hard reset procedure. Thus, to hard reset iPhone 8, follow the methods adhere below.
Method 1: Manual method
- Press the “Volume Up” button and then quickly release it.
- Then tap the “Volume Down” button and then release it quickly.
- After this, press and hold the “Power button” till the screen goes black, and the “Apple Logo” appears on the screen.
- After that, release the “Power button” and wait for the iPhone to restart completely.
Method 2: Using Assistive Touch
The other method to reset iPhone 8 is the “Assistive Method,” so if any user fails to hard reset iPhone 8 via the manual method, they should follow the steps discussed below to hard reset iPhone 8 using Assistive Touch.
- Go to the “iPhone Settings.”
- Then, tap on the “Accessibility” option.
- After that, scroll down and click on the “Touch” option mentioned under the “Physical & Motor” section.
- Now on the screen, click on the “Assistive Touch” option.
- Then on the next screen, toggle on the option for “Assistive Touch.”
- After that, once the “Assistive Touch” option is switched “ON,” then immediately the “Assistive Touch” button will arrive at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now the users are suggested to tap on the “Assistive Touch” button and follow the below-stated steps to force restart iPhone 8.
- Click on the “Assistive Touch” button.
- Now on the pop-up screen, click on the “Device” option.
- After that, under the “Device” menu, click on the “More” option.
- From there, click on the “Restart” option.
- Now on the confirmation pop-up, click on the “Restart” button to confirm.
- Therefore, by applying all these steps, the screen will get black, and the restarting process will start with the Apple Logo.
After getting familiar with the methods, it would have become accessible to hard reset iPhone 8. If any user fails to hard reset iPhone 8, they should commune with the experts to get rid of the issue.